2008 Formula 1 drivers and constructors world championships final standings
Note: Super Aguri withdrew from the championship after round four due to financial troubles.
2008 Formula 1 season facts and figures
Lewis Hamilton won the 2008 Formula One World Championship for drivers. Felipe Massa was second and Kimi Räikkönen third. Ferrari won the championship for constructors.
11 constructors and 22 drivers participated in 18 races during the 59th season of the FIA Formula One World Championchip. Points for top eight finishers (10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1).
2008 F1 season notes
- Sebastian Vettel took his first F1 win.
- Lewis Hamilton was the youngest F1 world champion at the age of 23. He won the title by a point.
- Heikki Kovalainen took his first F1 win.
- All teams used the same two drivers throughout the season.
- Ross Brawn became Team Principal of the Honda Team.
- Spyker F1 team were renamed to Force India.
- A total of 21 teams applied for entry to the championship.
- The use of a spare car was restricted.
- Traction control banned again for the second time.
- Limited wind tunnel testing.
- Valencia Street Circuit in Spain and Marina Bay Street Circuit in Singapore were introduced.
- Singapore Grand Prix was the first ever F1 event held at night.
- The European Grand Prix moved from Nurburgring to Valencia Street Circuit.
- There were no Formula One Grand Prix in USA.