2015 Formula 1 drivers and constructors world championships final standings
2015 Formula 1 season facts and figures
Lewis Hamilton won the 2015 Formula One World Championship for drivers. Nico Rosberg was second and Sebastian Vettel third. Mercedes won the championship for constructors.
10 constructors and 21 drivers participated in 19 races during the 66th season of the FIA Formula One World Championchip. Points for top ten finishers (25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1).
2015 F1 season notes
- Three drivers made their Formula 1 debut in Australia.
- Nico Rosberg finished second, 59 points behind Lewis Hamilton.
- No driver managed to finish all 19 races.
- Lewis Hamilton had 11 pole positions.
- Pastor Maldonado retired from 9 races.
- Felipe Massa was disqualified from Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Mercedes had 17 of 19 pole positions.
- Marussia did not score points.
- German Grand Prix was cancelled due to financial problems.
- Mexican Grand Prix returned to the Formula 1 calendar.
- Drivers were only able to use four engines over the season.
- The minimum weight of cars increased to 702 kg.
- Double points no longer awarded for the final race.
- Mid-season driver helmet design changes banned.