2016 Formula 1 drivers and constructors world championships final standings
2016 Formula 1 season facts and figures
Nico Rosberg won the 2016 Formula One World Championship for drivers. Lewis Hamilton was second and Daniel Ricciardo third. Mercedes won the championship for constructors.
11 constructors and 24 drivers participated in 21 races during the 67th season of the FIA Formula One World Championchip. Points for top ten finishers (25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1).
2016 F1 season notes
- Four drivers made their Formula 1 debut.
- Lewis Hamilton finished second, 5 points behind Nico Rosberg.
- Two drivers managed to finish all 21 races.
- Lewis Hamilton had 12 pole positions.
- Jenson Button retired from 6 races.
- Max Verstappen won his first ever F1 Grand Prix in Spain.
- Mercedes had 20 of 21 pole positions.
- Haas F1 Team joined Formula One.
- Marussia changed their name to Manor Racing MRT.
- Renault returned as a team after they purchased Lotus.
- All teams scored points.
- German Grand Prix returned to Hockenheimring.
- European Grand Prix returned to the Formula 1 calendar.
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was Felipe Massa's 250th Grand Prix.
- Pre-season tests were reduced from three to two.