2011 Formula 1 drivers and constructors world championships final standings
|13||Paul di Resta||27|
|20||Pedro de la Rosa||0|
2011 Formula 1 season facts and figures
Sebastian Vettel won the 2011 Formula One World Championship for drivers. Jenson Button was second and Mark Webber third. Red Bull won the championship for constructors.
12 constructors and 28 drivers participated in 19 races during the 62nd season of the FIA Formula One World Championchip. Points for top ten finishers (25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1).
2011 F1 season notes
- Jenson Button won Hungarian Grand Prix in his 200th Formula 1 race.
- Pastor Maldonado, Sergio Perez and Paul di Resta made their F1 race debut in Australia.
- Daniel Ricciardo made his F1 race debut in the British Grand Prix.
- Paul di Resta replaced Vitantonio Liuzzi at Force India.
- Narain Karthikeyan returned to Formula 1 with Hispania.
- Pastor Maldonado was signed by Williams.
- Robert Kubica was seriously injured in a high speed crash in Andora Rally in Italy.
- Virgin Racing changed their name to Marussia Virgin Racing.
- Two teams used the Lotus name: Team Lotus and Lotus Renault GP.
- Ban on team orders lifted.
- KERS (kinetic energy recovery system) were reintroduced as an option.
- DRS (adjustable rear wing) introduced to help overtaking.
- Gearboxes must last for 5 race weekends.
- The double diffuser system is banned.
- 107 percent qualifying rule was reintroduced.
- Team orders are allowed (since German GP 2010).
- Bahrain Grand Prix was canceled due to civil unrest in Bahrain.
- Nurburgring hosted the German Grand Prix.
- The Indian Grand Prix was added to the race calendar.