2007 Formula 1 drivers and constructors world championships final standings
Note: McLaren stripped of all 2007 constructors' points after being found in breach of International Sporting Code through possession of confidential Ferrari technical information.
2007 Formula 1 season facts and figures
Kimi Räikkönen won the 2007 Formula One World Championship for drivers. Lewis Hamilton was second and Fernando Alonso third. Ferrari won the championship for constructors.
11 constructors and 26 drivers participated in 17 races during the 58th season of the FIA Formula One World Championchip. Points for top eight finishers (10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1).
2007 F1 season notes
- Lewis Hamilton made his F1 race debut in Australia and he took his first F1 win in the Canadian GP.
- Kimi Räikkönen won drivers title by only one point at the final race in Brazil.
- Sebastian Vettel made his F1 race debut in the United States Grand Prix.
- Heikki Kovalainen made his F1 race debut in the Australian Grand Prix.
- McLaren changed their team name to Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.
- Ferrari's technical director, Ross Brown, left the team.
- Williams changed their engines from Cosworth to Toyota.
- Engine rev limit of 19,000 rpm.
- Bridgestone as single tyre supplier after withdrawal of Michelin.
- Both soft and hard tyre compound must be used during a race.
- Annual testing limited to 30,000 kilometers.
- There was no race named German Grand Prix due to naming rights.
- The Japanese Grand Prix moved from Suzuka Circuit to Fuji Speedway.